Last updated: May 17, 2018
Types of Information about Users Gathered
Simplified Superfoods LLC (“we” or “Simplified Superfoods”) appreciates that you care how information about you is used and shared. The information we gather about Users of the website located at www.simplifiedsuperfoods.com (“Site”) enables us to provide you with products and helps us to personalize and improve our services (“Services”). Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and may store any information you enter on the Site or provide us in any way. For example, you provide us with information when you complete the forms on this Site, purchase a product, submit an inquiry or provide feedback, or interact with the Site in other ways. We may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, such as your name, email address, phone number, and mailing address. Some of the information we ask you to provide is mandatory and some may be optional. If you do not provide the mandatory information requested for a particular activity, you will not be permitted to participate in that activity.
- Automatic Information: We receive, analyze, and store certain types of information whenever you interact with the Site, whether or not you have agreed to the Simplified Superfoods Terms of Service. For example, we may collect the IP address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your email address, information about your browser and operating system, the Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) of the websites you visit before and after our Site, and information about how you move around our Site. We may place cookies on your computer to prevent fraud, to personalize your experience on our Site, to collect and store information (such as information about your session, how often you visit the Site, and your cart contents), and to improve our Services. A cookie is a small piece of information that a website can send to your browser and may then be stored on your computer’s hard drive. You may be able to block, delete, or disable cookies, but doing so may prevent you from taking advantage of some or all the Services.
- Information on Facebook®, Twitter®, Instagram®, and Gmail®: If you link through, to, or otherwise interact with our Site through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Gmail, or other social media account, you may also provide us with information from your social media account.
- Information from Other Sources: We may combine information you provide us with information from third parties to correct our records, personalize your experience, or enhance our services. This may include, but is not limited to, information from our Third Party Service Providers.
Information about our Users is a critical part of our business. We will not sell your personally identifiable information to others, but we may share User information with others in the following ways:
- With Other Authorized Third Party Service Providers: We have agreements with other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf (“Third Party Service Providers”), such as processing your purchases, providing marketing assistance, operating or hosting our Site, and analyzing data with Google Analytics. We may share your personally identifiable information with these Third Party Service Providers so they can provide the services that we have contracted with them to provide. The use of your personally identifiable information by such parties is subject to their privacy policies and is not subject to our control. Our store is hosted through Shopify Inc., which provides us with an online ecommerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. See below for more information about how Shopify stores and protects your information.
- With Other Websites: Our Site may include links to other websites. When you access these links, you may be directed away from our Site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements. You may obtain useful information about Internet advertising companies, including how to opt out of their information collection, by contacting the Networking Advertising Initiative at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
Security of Your Information
When Shopify collects and stores your personally identifiable information for Simplified Superfoods, as outlined above, it is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases, and the general Shopify application. When we access and analyze our customers’ information, we use physical security and passwords to protect that information against unauthorized access and disclosure. When you provide us and Shopify with personally identifiable information, however, you acknowledge that, even with reasonable security measures in place, third parties might unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. It is also important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your computer, secure your password, and sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
If you complete your purchase through a direct payment gateway, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. All direct payment gateways have agreed to adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover. For more information, you might want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service or Privacy Statement.
Managing Your Information
You have options for managing your personally identifiable information on Simplified Superfoods:
- We will not send you third party promotional emails without your permission. As a condition of agreeing to these Terms, however, you agree to receive from us promotional and administrative emails related to your activity on our Site or to our products and services, including announcements about new features or changes to the Site or our products and services.
- If you no longer want to use the Site, you may ask us to stop sending you promotional emails by contacting us through the contact form on the Site. Your personal information may remain in our historical records, but you will no longer receive emails from us about new features or changes to the Site or our products and services unless you begin using the Site again.
- Please note that, because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
Children’s Privacy Issues
We do not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are aware of any instance where we have collected information from or about someone under the age of 13, please inform us immediately.